When it comes to enjoying life and not taking myself too seriously, my best teachers are my dogs. I find I’m much happier when I employ their way of doing things. Here are some tips I found that help me to lead a more spiritual and happy life – all given to us by dogs!
* Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joy ride.
* Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
* When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
* When it’s in your best interest, practice obedience.
* Let others know when they’ve invaded your territory.
* Take naps and stretch before rising.
* Run, romp and play daily.
* Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.
* Be loyal.
* Never pretend to be something you’re not.
* If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
* When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
* Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
* Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
* On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
* When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
* No matter how often you’re scolded, don’t buy into the guilt thing and pout .. run right back and make friends.
* Delight in the simple joys of a long walk.